Sunday, November 25, 2007

roots of love tear us apart


“Roots of Love – Tear us Apart”

DVD PAL (edition of 5)
54''
2007


Sinopse
Este vídeo lida com o conceito presença. Tomei o papel principal, eu seria quem iria chorar tal como quando Roland Barthes faz referência ao sofrimento amoroso, à volubilidade.
A presença do outro em mim.
Cebolas foram escolhidas pela presença, pelo abusivo e intrusivo cheiro. A sua presença ficou no meu corpo dois dias.
54 segundos (duração do vídeo) foi o tempo que levou uma lágrima a chegar do meu olho à minha boca.


This video deals with the presence concept. I took the principal character in the role. I was the one who was going to cry as when Roland Barthes makes reference to the amorous suffering, to the volubility.
The presence of the other in me.
Onions have been chosen by their presence, their intrusive and abusive smell. Their presence stayed in my body for two days.
54 seconds, the time a tear took from my eye to my mouth.

No comments: